Wind farm noise measurement assessment and control
Resonate Consultants has developed an enviable reputation in the field of wind farm noise measurement assessment and control working on proposed and operating sites in locations around the world.
Wind farm noise services
Resonate Consultants provides a full range of acoustic services for wind farm projects, including:
- Preconstruction assessments for planning applications
- Preconstruction noise monitoring to establish baseline noise levels and noise limits
- Wind farm noise measurement assessment and control provisions
- Noise predictions and mapping
- Structural dynamics
- Post construction monitoring and assessment
- Short or long term tonality and amplitude modulation assessments
- Turbine sound power and tonality assessments to IEC 61400-11
- Due diligence reviews
- Expert evidence
- Acoustic research
- Community consultation regarding wind farm noise
Achievements in the field of wind farm noise measurement assessment and control
Our accomplished acoustic consultant team has also undertaken significant research into the measurement, modelling and prediction methods for wind farm noise assessments. This research has been referenced in the UK Institute of Acoustics A Good Practice Guide to the Application of ETSU-R-97 for the Assessment and Rating of Wind Turbine Noise and the amplitude modulation assessment methodology was drawn upon during the development of the standardised Institute of Acoustics methodology.
In recognition of their work in the field of wind farm acoustics, Resonate Consultants staff were awarded the Australian Acoustical Society’s 2013 Award for Excellence in Acoustics. This award recognised the development of an objective method for a long term assessment of tonality at wind farms, which provides detailed information on the times and conditions under which any tonality occurs.
Wind farm noise measurement assessment and control projects