This policy covers how Resonate Consultants handles personal information collected and received, including information related to your past use of Resonate Consultants services. Personal information is information that can be used to personally identify you, like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
Information Collection and Use
Resonate Consultants provides acoustic, vibration, electromagnetic field and air quality consultancy services. Resonate Consultants is committed to complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act), governing privacy of personal information by businesses and to protecting and safeguarding your privacy when you deal with us.
Some information provided to us by clients, customers, contractors and other third parties may be considered personal. Without these details we would not be able to carry on our business and provide our services to you. We will only collect such personal information if it is necessary for one of our functions or activities.
Resonate Consultants collects personal information in the following situations:
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- When you establish or access an account or engage our services.
- When you submit your email address to our website mailing list.
- When you request a quote or authorise the engagement of our services, we will collect personal information from you.
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- Mailing or street address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Professions, occupation or job title
- Details of the services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those services and to respond to your enquiries
- Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our new account application form, websites or indirectly through use of our website or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise; and
- Information you provide to us through customer surveys or visits by our consultants from time to time.
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our website or our computer applications.
Use of information collected and disclosure of personal information to others
We may use personal information held about an individual for the primary purpose for which it is collected which includes:
- provision of services and to send communications requested by you
- to answer enquiries and provide information or advice as requested
- for the administrative, marketing, planning and service development, quality control and research purposes of Resonate Consultants, their related entities, contractors and service providers
- to update our records and keep your details up to date
- to process and respond to any feedback you provide
- to comply with any law or regulation or in cooperation with any governmental authority
We may use your information to inform you of new services available we believe will interest you. If you do not wish to receive email notices or other communications from Resonate Consultants regarding additional services, you can unsubscribe to these.
In addition we may use or disclose personal information held about you:
- Where you have consented to the use or disclosure;
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone’s health or safety or the public’s health or safety;
- Where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities;
- Where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process);
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
Our website may contain links to third party websites who may collect personal information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or the content of web sites that are linked to our web site. Resonate Consultants encourages users to be aware when they leave the site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
Security and storage
Resonate Consultants is aware of the importance of security of all information associated with our clients and contractors. We have developed security measures to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control.
Personal information is de-identified or destroyed securely when no longer required by Resonate Consultants.
Access to and correction of personal information
We are committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information about our customers, clients and website users. For the purposes of receiving invoices, notices, and other related correspondence, it is imperative that the contact details we hold for you are always current.
Inaccurate information will be corrected upon receiving advice to this effect from you. To ensure confidentiality, details of your personal information will be passed on to you only if we are satisfied that the information relates to you.
If we refuse to provide you with access or correct the personal information held about you by us, then we will provide reasons for such refusal.
Disclosure of your information outside of Australia
We may disclose personal information to our related entities and third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information to entities located outside of Australia, including the following:
- our related entities and third party suppliers, located in the United States of America, the United Kingdom, and Ireland;
- our cloud based software and other IT service providers, located in the United States of America;
From time to time and in line with customer expectations and legislative changes, our privacy policies and procedures will be reviewed and updated.
Should you wish to read more information on privacy legislation we recommend that you visit the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner: https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/your-privacy-rights/
All material, trademarks or other intellectual property on this site are the property of Resonate Consultants or their respective owners, and are subject to copyright. Unless explicitly authorised, reproduction is not permitted. Unauthorised modification, copying, hiring, lending, transmission and broadcasting is prohibited. Material from this site may not be sold or otherwise distributed for profit.