Underwater noise, vibration monitoring and marine acoustics services
Managing the impact of activities upon the environment in a socially accountable and transparent manner is becoming increasingly important to regulators, stakeholders and the community.
To assist with this, Resonate Consultants provides specialist marine acoustics, underwater and terrestrial noise and vibration consulting services or offshore developments. Additionally, Resonate Consultants also provides acoustic consulting services for ship noise and vibration control as well as structural dynamics.
Marine acoustics services include:
- Underwater noise background monitoring
- Underwater noise logging to determine long term trends in the underwater noise environment
- Noise modelling for offshore developments; including construction and operational phases
- Assessment of potential marine acoustics impacts and management measures as part of environmental impact statements
- Compliance monitoring and comparison against assessment criteria
- Advanced signal processing
- Noise and vibration propagation modelling
- Ship noise, vibration and structural dynamics
- Geographic Information System (GIS) analysis and presentation
- Environmental impact assessment studies/reports
- Management plans
- Peer review
- Community and stakeholder consultation
- Environmental approvals negotiation and advisory
- Government policy and/or guideline development
- Expert evidence
- Acoustic research
In house technology for marine acoustics
Resonate Consultants has state of the art in house underwater noise logging equipment that can be placed onsite for long periods to determine trends in and contribution of underwater noise sources relative to the background environment.
Marine acoustics projects
Resonate Consultants acoustic staff have held expert roles on the Ichthys Project Dredging Expert Panel (NT) for underwater acoustics and the development of the Department of Planning Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) Underwater Piling Noise Guidelines (SA).
Review our fruitful marine acoustics project contributions that work towards a better environment for all.
Marine acoustics research
Additionally, Resonate Consultants dedicate time to contributing to valuable research. Below, are some of our published papers regarding marine acoustics.
- D. Petersen, D. Jurevicius, M. Warpenius;“Assessing the impacts of underwater pile driving noise on marine mammals”, 2011, Diverse and Developing: Proceedings of the 20th Australasian Coastal and Ocean Engineering Conference and the 13th Australasian Port and Harbour Conference, Barton, ACT
- D. Petersen, A. David and D. Jurevicius;“Methodology for environmental impact assessment of underwater noise on marine mammals”, 2011, APPEA Journal, 467–478
- D. Petersen and D. Jurevicius;“Environmental noise impact of a major transport corridor on a barramundi fish farm”, 2009, Australian Acoustical Society Acoustics Conference, Adelaide, Australia. CD-Rom Proceedings of ACOUSTICS 2009